Can I tell you guys a secret? Try not to judge me for this but, I haven’t been reading lately. It just hasn’t been as easy to escape in a book as it used to be. Let’s chalk it up to an inability to focus.
Until the weather gets a bit nicer, there’s plenty to do indoors. Like baking, cooking, cleaning, and organizing. Loads of fun in short or long stints but, when you really want to relax and forget the world you might need more. I’ve compiled a list of things to do both offline or online. I don’t know about you guys but I need a break from being online sometimes so, let’s start with that. Continue reading “What To Do Now?”
In the interest of getting away from listening or watching the news, I thought it would be cool to pass along a short quiz just to pass a little bit of time. You know, take our minds off the goings-on. Since guess what, they will go on whether or not we watch. Continue reading “What Colours Suit Your Personality?”
Breaking up isn’t easy to do. Unfortunately, things just aren’t working out between us anymore. I have tried my best. Calling you a few days after Christmas. Emailing you in hopes that we could get things back on track. But, there is only so much that I can do to try to work things out before I feel that our relationship is one-sided and call it quits. Continue reading “Breaking Up”
Does this happen to any of you? Before the actual day comes you are thinking of all the things you are going to do but then when the day is here you’re like nah! Im not lazy. I just believe in taking time to relax especially on days like this. Friday and Saturday were cold and rainy. Today is more of the same. Then, last week we had snow but luckily it didn’t accumulate. Most people chilled at home which suited me fine. A warm blanket and some comfy clothes were bellowing my name and I listened. I even decided not to write and to continue researching something I have been working on lately.
Truthfully, we all need a break every now and then. Besides, taking a step back sometimes helps me with up and coming endeavours. By the way, big announcement coming next week so stay tuned to see what i’ve been working on. See you then!
Mindfulness is hard work! I have tried my best to pay attention to the things going on around me and being present. Continue reading “Mindfulness Argh!!!”
We all sat and watched as Mrs. Robertson wrote all 26 letters of the alphabet on the chalkboard. Geoff’s finger dropped from his nose as he stared at the board in aww. She made it all look so easy. Reminiscent of an ocean tide, some letters were far more bloated and stood out from the rest. Then, there were other letters like the lower-case G that dipped below the line as though it was dodging someone it owed money. Continue reading “Will it be Legible?”
So, I’m joining the Signs You Are an Adult conversation since I’ve been an adult for most of my life now.
Here are my signs you are an adult:
- The things you used to like don’t interest you anymore. (Uncomfortable shoes hit the top of this list.)
- All aches and pains lead to more aches and pains.
- A general misunderstanding of the lyrics in music, which is often hilarious to others. Kendrick Lamar’s song Humble for example. Before I knew the title of the song I thought the chorus went “Biyombo sit down!” it actually goes “Be humble sit-down.” So glad I didn’t choose it at Karaoke night.
- The food you used to be able to digest so easily now just uncomfortably squats in your gullet. Causing you to belch randomly and often without notice.
- The food you couldn’t digest easily before is completely inedible now. When you throw caution to the wind and eat it any way you end up in a world of pain. (This includes, anything that tastes good + dairy)
6. A willingness to leave a get together early if food is not ready on time. (Unprepared hostesses and hosts, you know I’m talking about you!)
8. An urgency to tell people when they are going about something incorrectly. Which often ends with you ending the conversation with, “But, what do I know?”
9. As a child, you are warned not to ever do this so when you become an adult you think haa! I’m gonna risk it, and then you start talking to strangers!
10. Technology and the interweb are manageable but now and then you look up from your phone and wonder where the teenagers are when you need assistance posting, deleting or adding to your story on Instagram.
11. Knowing when to be quiet and listen rather than talking too much at work or family functions. (Hold your cards to your chest kid, not everyone needs to know what you’re thinking or doing!…) BTW, There’s a new addition to the Palm Trees and Loyalties Gallery
Oh and the last but foremost sign you are an adult is: …KNOWING WHEN TO LEAVE!
Thanks for reading and have a great week.
Terms and Conditions
Being a Mother is such a blessing and yet so hard at times too. When I was a teenager my mom must have thought about dropping me off in front of a Monastery so they could cleanse my soul. Continue reading “Happy Mother’s Day”
This month of Mindfulness has been pretty good. I’ve been in a routine of meditating every night. It has come to my attention that the more I meditate the better I get at it. Alexa’s assistance has helped me a great deal. I used to listen to 80’s music every night. Eventually, I realized that I wasn’t really sleeping. I had far too many dreams of being stuck in cartoon videos to continue sleeping with the 80’s as my background music. Now I only listen to those tunes while I’m wide awake! Continue reading “Mindfulness Argh!!! The Frightening Continuation…”