Working from home has brought out a need to change my surroundings. I can’t be the only one this is happening to. I mean, looking at the same things over and over again can make you want to yell! Before you yell, maybe redoing things might be called for.Continue reading “6 Reasons to Update Your Artwork”
Can I tell you guys a secret? Try not to judge me for this but, I haven’t been reading lately. It just hasn’t been as easy to escape in a book as it used to be. Let’s chalk it up to an inability to focus.
Until the weather gets a bit nicer, there’s plenty to do indoors. Like baking, cooking, cleaning, and organizing. Loads of fun in short or long stints but, when you really want to relax and forget the world you might need more. I’ve compiled a list of things to do both offline or online. I don’t know about you guys but I need a break from being online sometimes so, let’s start with that. Continue reading “What To Do Now?”
In the interest of getting away from listening or watching the news, I thought it would be cool to pass along a short quiz just to pass a little bit of time. You know, take our minds off the goings-on. Since guess what, they will go on whether or not we watch. Continue reading “What Colours Suit Your Personality?”
Mindfulness is hard work! I have tried my best to pay attention to the things going on around me and being present. Continue reading “Mindfulness Argh!!!”
The other day I was talking to my friend Joy. She told me a story about her parents which she allowed me to share here. Let me begin by giving you a little background on Joy’s parents. They came to Canada in the early 80’s. Continue reading “Sides”
So, I’m joining the Signs You Are an Adult conversation since I’ve been an adult for most of my life now.
Here are my signs you are an adult:
- The things you used to like don’t interest you anymore. (Uncomfortable shoes hit the top of this list.)
- All aches and pains lead to more aches and pains.
- A general misunderstanding of the lyrics in music, which is often hilarious to others. Kendrick Lamar’s song Humble for example. Before I knew the title of the song I thought the chorus went “Biyombo sit down!” it actually goes “Be humble sit-down.” So glad I didn’t choose it at Karaoke night.
- The food you used to be able to digest so easily now just uncomfortably squats in your gullet. Causing you to belch randomly and often without notice.
- The food you couldn’t digest easily before is completely inedible now. When you throw caution to the wind and eat it any way you end up in a world of pain. (This includes, anything that tastes good + dairy)
6. A willingness to leave a get together early if food is not ready on time. (Unprepared hostesses and hosts, you know I’m talking about you!)
8. An urgency to tell people when they are going about something incorrectly. Which often ends with you ending the conversation with, “But, what do I know?”
9. As a child, you are warned not to ever do this so when you become an adult you think haa! I’m gonna risk it, and then you start talking to strangers!
10. Technology and the interweb are manageable but now and then you look up from your phone and wonder where the teenagers are when you need assistance posting, deleting or adding to your story on Instagram.
11. Knowing when to be quiet and listen rather than talking too much at work or family functions. (Hold your cards to your chest kid, not everyone needs to know what you’re thinking or doing!…) BTW, There’s a new addition to the Palm Trees and Loyalties Gallery
Oh and the last but foremost sign you are an adult is: …KNOWING WHEN TO LEAVE!
Thanks for reading and have a great week.
Terms and Conditions