I had decided to draw for Sunday’s blog post long before my technical difficulties. But we all know how that went. Sorry to disappoint but, real things sometimes happen to old computers. And no matter how many times you try to force quit nothing happens. Staring at an ever-churning spinning rainbow can make any patient person antsy. Hence the holder post I sent last night. Now let’s follow through with what this post is all about!
Onto the good stuff.
- Did you know that ladybugs are a symbol of prosperity and good luck? Many people believe this to be true.
- Gardeners and farmers love them not only because they are cute but also because they eat aphids and other plant eating insects. Yeah, they are basically your gardens security team.
- Oh and that red, orange or yellowish colour is actually a warning to predators not to eat them.
- They even secrete a smelly yucky tasting substance when they are about to be eaten. So please, don’t use them as an ice cream topping.
- Not all ladybugs are ladies! Relax, I don’t mean they act un-ladylike swearing at neighbours and stuff. I mean that there are male ladybugs too. I give credit to the movie Bugs Life for that little tidbit.
Anywho, I drew this because I haven’t seen any ladybugs yet this season. Strange since their lifespan is anywhere from 2-3 years. Hopefully they drop by soon. For now my artwork will have to do guys. If you find any ladybugs do me a favour, and give them a nudge since they should be awake by now.
Do any of you like bugs? They all serve a purpose so, I guess they’re ok when they’re outside and not flying into my eyes or stinging. Hey don’t laugh, there was a summer where every time I went out for a walk bugs would randomly fly directly into my eyes. So weird!
Hey, since it’s bug season if any of you have suggestions for bugs you’d like me to attempt to draw let me know in the comments.
By the way, my computer has thoroughly apologized for its behaviour of late. I guess it just needed a break and some time to think. Thanks for joining me here on a Monday.
Have a great week!