So, I’m joining the Signs You Are an Adult conversation since I’ve been an adult for most of my life now.
Here are my signs you are an adult:
- The things you used to like don’t interest you anymore. (Uncomfortable shoes hit the top of this list.)
- All aches and pains lead to more aches and pains.
- A general misunderstanding of the lyrics in music, which is often hilarious to others. Kendrick Lamar’s song Humble for example. Before I knew the title of the song I thought the chorus went “Biyombo sit down!” it actually goes “Be humble sit-down.” So glad I didn’t choose it at Karaoke night.
- The food you used to be able to digest so easily now just uncomfortably squats in your gullet. Causing you to belch randomly and often without notice.
- The food you couldn’t digest easily before is completely inedible now. When you throw caution to the wind and eat it any way you end up in a world of pain. (This includes, anything that tastes good + dairy)
6. A willingness to leave a get together early if food is not ready on time. (Unprepared hostesses and hosts, you know I’m talking about you!)
7. Trips and falls are hilarious if they happen to the right person at the right moment. Then, you can’t expect me to contain myself!
8. An urgency to tell people when they are going about something incorrectly. Which often ends with you ending the conversation with, “But, what do I know?”
9. As a child, you are warned not to ever do this so when you become an adult you think haa! I’m gonna risk it, and then you start talking to strangers!
10. Technology and the interweb are manageable but now and then you look up from your phone and wonder where the teenagers are when you need assistance posting, deleting or adding to your story on Instagram.
11. Knowing when to be quiet and listen rather than talking too much at work or family functions. (Hold your cards to your chest kid, not everyone needs to know what you’re thinking or doing!…) BTW, There’s a new addition to the Palm Trees and Loyalties Gallery
Oh and the last but foremost sign you are an adult is: …KNOWING WHEN TO LEAVE!
Thanks for reading and have a great week.
Terms and Conditions